Monday, May 31, 2010

Supplements and Climbing

Tomorrow I will start my serious training of the summer. Additionally, I was gifted a larger portion of whey protein and pre-workout NO Xplode supplement. Beyond a close friend who used it when he lifted, I've not heard of supplement usage in climbing really. I'm going to start using these supplements and will be report on my findings.

My hopes? I hope to lose fat and gain muscle. I've been having trouble losing weight to the degree that I did last week (over 6 pounds last week). My weight seems to be stabilizing, and though I feel thinner and look it, and feel like I climb thinner, I feel like I could likely lose more. Though muscle weighs more than fat, hopefully the positive muscle gain will help and we'll see where my weight is at at the end of the week. I'll give it until Friday and then see what the result is. I'll be using the NO Xplode before workout and then protein smoothies with fruit right after workout, and then going from there.

If anyone has any personal experience with supplement usage and climbing, let me know.

Stay tuned for my reviews of CORE as well as the Access Fund DVD. Though the Access Fund DVD isn't going to be consistent throughout, and was not made to make money, but rather raise it, I am interested to see what it comes out to be like, with such variety.

2 comments:

  1. Frozen banana with chocolate milk and protein powder all blended up. Everything you need to recover!
    JS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Thats exactly what I had in mind actually. My wonder is how much of a boost in muscle growth do you actually see in something like that?

    ReplyDelete