I think they might be broken, but without the swelling, I don't know. I'm not a doctor.
I may have found somewhere reasonably close outdoors to climb this spring/summer, if I don't stay in Madison. Its a One Star (* from now on, on a scale of * to *****) crag/grouping of boulders that I've read a little bit about in the area. Like a lot of stuff here, the limestone is soft, not good for bolting lines, which probably would be illegal anyway, but there may just be some boulder problems. I might check it out in the coming days, if this cold spell lets up. Bring out the car brush and brush off some boulders, just to see.
I also got my name out to whoever heads up the climbing wall at the UW-Green Bay Kress Center. Sounds like they've got safety precautions up the wahoo there, and it'd probably be obnoxious, but if I could get to climb there, and do so once every other day, even if I had to go through a 3 hour safety training session that I absolutely don't need (on belay, belay on... you want me to show you how to do a double bowline with a yosemite backup too or is that over your head?), I'll probably do it.
Is this getting harder or easier?
No comments:
Post a Comment